VPPAC.org WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS AND PROGRAMS
VPPAC.org is fully dedicated to exceeding expectations in serving the training and mentoring needs of our members, supporters and friends. To that end, we provide you the best means and methods to understand and solve the complexities of the VPP and Challenge process. All sessions are a full day in length unless otherwise stated.
CONSTRUCTION VPP SERIES:
FUNDAMENTALS 101: (Course number VPPAC - 101)
In this workshop attendees will learn the ins and outs of OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Programs. Our own Special Governmental Employees and construction industry experts will discuss specifically the following items:
- History of VPP and Challenge
- The scope of VPP and Challenge participation
- Explanation and clarification of the process
- Value of VPP in terms of ROI and reduced injury rates
- Indirect benefits such as networking, access to information and available resources
- Notable program success stories
- Critical information on how to get involved in VPP or Challenge
- Suggestive ideas how to motivate management support
- Overview of the four central elements of VPP and its various sub-elements
- Question and answer sessions to address concerns and comments
* This workshop is suggested as a prerequisite for all 300 or 400 level session.
CUSTOM WORKSHOP (course number VPPAC – 201)
Basically, you help us to design the class (based on information you provide) in order to best suit your specific needs. Our team then travels to your location to provide this power packed and highly interactive session. Each session is unique to you and is sure to enlighten, empower and entertain (Contact us for further details)
BEST PRACTICES (course number VPPAC – 301)
What are the most successful firms doing in today’s market? And more importantly how are they doing it? This session could take your firm to that higher level or at least will offer the catalyst that catapults you to higher returns in quality, production, schedule, budget and safety.
This is more than simply a “how-to” session it is rather a “how-do” session. Hundreds of firms have been surveyed. We also discuss what does not work and why. There are mini-work group projects or breakout sessions throughout the day designed to explore, develop and evolve each topic. Multiple tools, resources and practices (you never considered) are offered from the moment the workshop begins until the time it ends.
FOOTPRINT FORUM: (Course number VPPAC - 302)
Like to know where you stand as a candidate for VPP? Then invite our Footprint Forum to your site for either a 1 or 2-day review of your policies and procedures. Our experienced teams shall determine how you measure up and offers the means and methods for success. The findings of the Forum are gathered into a written field report for your use that suggests the best track forward based on you specific situation. (This session is arranged by appointment only and is quoted based a lump sum daily rate of $2,750 + expenses for 2 experienced team members)
APPLICATION WORKSHOP* (Course number VPPAC - 401)
This workshop helps you and other attendees put together your Federal VPP applications. The focus is on doing this in a simple yet successful and straightforward manner that is easy to understand.
Attendees will learn/receive;
• The application process step by step
• Limited assistance in putting together your application*
• OSHA mandates and levels of expectation
• Suggestive best practices that may lead to a successful application
• Duties and responsibilities in being successful in your application
* Individual on-site mentoring is recommended and is available upon request; this is especially necessary in non-federal (or state-plan) OSHA states.
PRE-AUDIT SITE REVIEW (Course number VPPAC – 402)
Have you completed and submitted your VPP application? And is a site audit in the foreseeable future? Then call in our experienced team to run you through the paces before it counts for real! We will identify any open and obvious issues that may have gone overlooked plus our teams can dig deeper by conducting confidential co-worker interviews plus document and policy review. This is not a personal guarantee for a successful OSHA site inspection but, it will get you just that much closer in time to make modifications. (This review is arranged by appointment only and is quoted based a lump sum daily rate of $2,750 + expenses for 2 experienced team members)
We offer the following suite of goods and services:
- 3rd party job inspections
- On-site evaluations
- Putting your VPP application together
- Pre-audit program
- OSHA 10 and 30 hour, offered in web-based and in-person formats
- Customized programs and workshops through varied delivery systems such as Webinars, Podcasts, virtual meetings, teleconferences, message boards and face-to-face or on-site presentations. Some of our offerings include:
- Introduction to VPP
- Introduction to Challenge
- Progressing through the levels of Challenge
- Application workshops
- Fitness enhancement program
- Mediation Techniques
We also offer the following to our members and friends:
- Opportunity to speak at VPPAC events
- Voice with Federal, state and local governmental agencies
- Voice on Capital Hill
- Networking access to members and friends of VPPAC
- Best practices directory
- Information sharing
- Lessons learned from the best and brightest in the industry
- Electronic member directory
- Awards program
- Sponsorship opportunities
ASCE Webinar on the Economic Stimulus Now Available Online
Hear about the infrastructure provisions of the just-passed economic stimulus package - the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The webinar features speakers from the U.S. Department of Transportation, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and ASCE.
View the webinar on ASCE's Government Relations website. Supplemental materials on ARRA are also available on ASCE's website.